Saturday, August 27, 2011

Zoe Ann - Teen Rocker

We had the opportunity to hang out online with Zoe and Hunter on Butterflies Radio Show - "Twitter Tuesday Live". These 15 year old teen rockers blew us away with lyrics and music far beyond their ages. During the show we found out that Zoe is actually home schooled and that she learns from some CD learning program on her own! It must be working well because, like we said, she is wise far beyond her years. When we asked Zoe where she would like to play most, she paused a few seconds and said; "Not any particular place but every place would be good! We want to perform in front of a sea of people and experience that feeling."


We asked Zoe about her home schooling and to tell us a little about her backing band and also if she had any musical training.


Zoe Ann:

As far as training, I started Musical Theater at age 7 and piano a while before that. I began guitar just a couple years ago. All these years I have had the same vocal coach, I only see her on occasion or if I am having a problem, but she is the lady I began Musical Theater with. (Jill Lord)

I use a variety of Homeschool education materials. They include books and CD's but from multiple sources. I am fortunate to live in a state that allows me some freedom that way. We try to just pick and choose what will work best for my needs at the time. 



My current band is new, just since this summer. I have Hunter Lucas on guitar, my drummer is Jonathan Pharr and we are still looking for a full time bass player.  



Since Hunter was available to be on the call with Butterflies Radio, I will tell you about him. I have known him for a couple years, he actually played with me last summer as my rhythm guitarist. He has taken on the role as lead guitarist and is really doing a great job. Together, we have written 5 new songs that will hopefully be something we can record in the next couple months. 


I am excited about playing Saturday in Austin. The event is called Batfest and is a HUGE event held on the Congress Ave or Ann Richards Bridge in Austin. It's going to be HOT like 107' and really fun! The bridge has a huge colony of Mexican Free Tail Bats living under it. They fly out every night around 7-9:30 depending on who knows what! 

Upcoming I am really excited about September because I am going to LA to work with Producer, DJ Lethal. He is most known for House of Pain and of course Limp Bizkit. He is going to write and record with me. So after this show Sat, I will be really busy coming up with new material on my own that I can take to him. Going to be AMAZING!! 

 Zoe Ann and company hail from Dallas, TX and are often doing gigs locally with an up and coming gig, BATFEST in Austin, TX on Aug 27th, 2001 @ 1:00PM. They will be performing on the 101X stage. If you are in the area, this is a show you don't wan't to miss!  Get Tickets


Here is a YouTube video for you to enjoy: "Burning Hollywood LIVE"




Links
Official Zoe Ann
Zoe Ann on ReverbNation

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!Zoe looks so awesome on the stage hey! I also love that new photo of her. Great Girl and we enjoyed having her and Hunter on the show!

    ReplyDelete

Please be so kind to leave a comment in support of this band or artist or article.